Book Blogger Confessions is a new bi-weekly meme hosted by Tiger @ All Consuming Books and Karen @ For What it's Worth Reviews.


Have you ever had reading/blogging slumps? How do you work through them or work around them?

I have been in a reading slump for most of December that has now led into January. Every time I pick up a book I get as far as maybe 5 pages lose interest and place it down which I doubt has anything to do with the quality of the books themselves because the few I have picked up have been In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane, Enclave by Ann Aguirre, Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, and Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent which have all received positive reviews and which are all books I have been greatly interested in but am not at the moment. My conclusion is that I have read too much paranormal/speculative fiction in a row and am burned out and need something different like a contemporary to get me out of it since going on the usual reading hiatus hasn't done much good.

Do you have any good contemporary YA recommendations?