Book Blogger Confessions is a new bi-weekly meme hosted by Tiger @ All Consuming Books and Karen @ For What it's Worth Reviews.


Memes. Love em or hate em? How many do you participate in? Which kinds do you like best? Do you feel like there are too many?

I think memes are like sweets and alcohol it’s all good as long as it’s done in moderation. Memes are great ways to have regularly scheduled posts that provide traffic to your blog that may bring new followers and comments but too much memes and you’re blog starts to look like a tourist trap. It’s no longer just your place for you to share your views but it’s now filled with mostly other people’s ideas and creations and readers are just stopping by on their way to the next blog that’s doing the meme.

Over on Scribing Shadows I participated in 1 regular meme which is Waiting on Wednesday by Jill at Breaking the Spine, after that on occasion I would participate in Parajunkee’s Follow Friday. Manga Mondays was something I was already doing before Alison of Alison Can Read turned it into a meme for bloggers to share their manga reviews or manga related posts. A great way for others to see my review and all I had to do was post a link. Over here on WildFire Writing we participate in only 1 meme for the moment and it’s Book Blogging Confessions.

I like memes that are easy to participate in and don’t take a lot of time but they make participants write interesting posts. I especially love memes that I can schedule posts for, like WoW and BBC.

I don’t think there can be too many memes as longs as they are all unique, no one wants five memes that discuss or focus on the exact same thing but I do think that one blog can have too many memes. I don’t want to visit a blog and see that it’s 80% memes and 20% original content even if every single meme they participate in is vastly different from each other.