Unnatural (Archangel Academy, #1)
Unnatural by Michael Griffo
In the town of Eden in northwestern England stands the exclusive boarding school known as Archangel Academy. Ancient and imposing, it’s a place filled with secrets. Just like its students…
For Michael Howard, being plucked from his Nebraska hometown and sent thousands of miles away is as close as he’s ever come to a miracle. In Weeping Water, he felt trapped, alone. At Archangel Academy, Michael belongs. And in Ciaran, Penry, and especially Ciaran’s enigmatic half-brother Ronan, Michael finds friendship deeper than he’s ever known.
But Michael’s only beginning to understand what makes the Academy so special. Ronan is a vampire—part of a hybrid clan who are outcasts even among other vampires. Within the Academy’s confines exists a ruthless world of deadly rivalries and shifting alliances, of clandestine love and forbidden temptations. And soon Michael will confront the destiny that brought him here—and a danger more powerful than he can imagine…

Unnatural was a good book, it started off strong and ended strong. I would say that it hits you right on the head and continues to do so throughout the whole book. The love between two people even if it is two men can be both great and binding.

This book was just one of the many that I had to add to my favorites, it draws you in and keeps you there. I can’t wait to read the next book. Michael Griffo in a fascinating writer but he likes to overdo it when it comes to describing scenery and the main character’s feelings, but it helps because you feel like you are experiencing everything they are feeling and you can’t help but love it as well.

I would recommend Unnatural to anyone who is willing to get over the fact that it is about the love shared between two boys. Love should not have limitations based on gender or race. Love is just love and this book makes you feel that way. It helps to remind you that we are all just people.

I also loved the part about vampires, it was something about them that caught my eye but the book had taken some turns that I am not sure are for the best or worst but Unnatural is made up of some interesting people, I cannot wait to see what happens in Unwelcome.

I love this book and it has made it to my top 10 list of books.

View all my reviews