Drink Deep by Chloe Neill

Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and Merit the vampire can't tell if this is the darkness before the dawn, or the calm before the storm. With the city itself in turmoil over paranormals and the state threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times have never been more precarious for the vampires. If only they could lay low for a bit...

Then magic rears its ugly head when Lake Michigan turns black. The mayor insists it's nothing to worry about, but Merit knows a panic is coming. She'll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who's behind this, and stop them before it's too late for both the vampires and humans.

In the very short time that I have been reading this series, it has now been placed in my top 20 series list. The books pull you in, and keeps you there. Always have you wanting more, wanting to know what is going to happen next.

Sometimes the main charactor does get on my nerves,  but after a while you come to understand that not everything is what it seems and at some point the betrayal in this book can be too much. I cried in the last book because we lost one of the main charachtors, but the betrayal in this book was overwhelming. I don't know why all of these things have been happening, but I can promise you that at the end of the book, things will be clear. I was a bit sad because there was a lot of drama and things I feel are still left to be said.

This book was prefect and unbelievable, I had the villain in mind but I didn't want to accept it. In the end I was corrected but it was still unbelievable. It goes to show that know matter how much you know a person they can change and not all the time for the better.
Love centred Merit, but it blinded her away from the truth that was in front of her. 

View all my reviews