Production Company
Universal Studios

Director
Rupert Sanders

Writers
Evan Daugherty, John Lee Hancock, and Hossein Amini

Main Stars
Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, and Charlize Theron

In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen. .

Despite my best efforts I went into Snow White and the Huntsman with high hopes which is probably why I came out a little disappointed. Not to say that is wasn't a good movie, there were some parts that were even great but overall Snow White and the Huntsman was a movie that had the potential to be an amazing fantasy but just didn't quite reach it and I think I know why. However, before I tell you what I didn't like about Snow White and the Huntsman let me tell you what I loved.

In the words of Jim Moriarty from the television show Sherlock "Every fairy tale needs a good old fashion villain" and Ravenna, the Evil Queen (played by Charlize Theron) was a Villain with a capital V. A woman who was both cruel and vain but a woman who could also appear vulnerable and, in times of loneliness, broken. There is a reason that you mostly see this character in the trailers despite the title of the movie because it really is all about her. She gets more back story and development then basically every other character in this whole movie.

My other favourite part about this movie was that it was beautiful..to look at. From the scenery to the close ups this movie was just a feast for the eyes. So much so that I wish I had pictures or clips to show you what I am talking about because it's really hard to put into words how wonderful it was just to watch this movie and not for the story but for the setting, and costumes, and landscapes.

And now for my last and most favourite part of the movie, which might make it sound like the movie was crap because it's the credits. The credits were beautifully done and again it's another thing you have to see but the graphics paired with Florence and the Machine's Breath of Life was just perfect.

Now for what made the movie less than great, there was hardly any character interaction at all. Snow White barely talks, Kristen Stewart probably has about twenty lines in the whole film, is this why she was better here than in Twilight I don't know but her lack of speech left for very little communication between her and everyone else. There was also very little communication between supporting characters which I think stifled character development a lot so I up ended not really caring about mostly everyone. I thought William was really cute (I like archers) but he was just the childhood friend that missed his chance, the huntsman had a bit of development but when a crucial turning point took place in the movie I was in disbelief because I found it hard to believe he would do such a thing. The scenes with the Queen and the Dwarves were where most of the characters actually spoke to each other which is sad because none of them were titular characters.

Snow White and the Huntsman had a lot of promise but in the end all I can really say is that it was a very pretty film.