Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The world has fallen in love with Nick Gautier and the Dark-Hunters. Now Nick’s saga continues in the next eagerly anticipated volume…

Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That’s the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn’t the average teenager. He’s a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him.

He’s learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive such a difficulty? But that isn’t the primary skill he has to master. Survival is.

And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known.

Or he’ll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he’ll lose everyone he cares about.

Even himself.

San-Ree Book Club Book for March 16 – April 15 2012

Rating: 4.5/5

For those who don’t know Infamous is the 3rd book in Sherrilyn Kenyon, Chronicles of Nick series, the book order is:-
1) Infinity
2) Invincible
3) Infamous
4) Inferno (Release Date: March 4th 2013)

I started reading this story because of what happen to Nick in the Dark Hunter series and I wanted to know what was going on. These books were expected to be great, just as the Dark Hunter series and they are, but in a way they are different because you truly don’t find out what going on until book 3.

Nick is a lovable kid. He is the son everyone wants, and never wants, but he is the kind of guy you want on your side. This I do believe in.

I was a bit discouraged in find out there will be another book coming after this book. I really thought that this would be the last book. I read 3 lines (I will not say what they were), but after that all I could wonder was; how dumb could one kid be? Then I remember that he is a kid who needs someone to trust, someone to understand him and stand by him.

I gave the book another chance and was no longer disappointed. It is all coming together and in a way I can’t exactly see where it is going, but I can see that it is going to be worth it. In the end you want to see if he will destroy the world or save it and destroy himself in the process?

They show you a boy who loves his mother and all those he calls family. I hope in the end they will love and see the beauty of his heart, behind the black soul he was born with and still love and stand beside him.

This book was worth the read, I find that it is much better than the 2nd book in a way. There is just something so special about Nick; it is hard to keep away from him. I must say that this book does end in a cliff hanger.


View all my reviews