Ever stumble across a book that you instantly love? You've only seen the description and the cover but you already want to share the book with everyone you know? It doesn't happen often but it does happen so I thought I would create a little feature to showcase the books that make me want to share them with the world even if I haven't read them yet.

So this week during my daily perusal of my blogger dashboard for updates I checked out the Nerdette Reviews’ weekly Waiting on Wednesday post (meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine) and you know what lovely book she was featuring?


In a post-apocalyptic world controlled by alien invaders, two teens and a young girl with mysterious powers embark on a dangerous journey. What they find will change everything…

Earth has been conquered. An extraterrestrial race known as The Assembly has abducted the adult population, leaving the planet’s youth to fend for themselves. In this treacherous landscape, Holt, a bounty hunter, is transporting his prisoner Mira when they discover Zoey, a young girl with powerful abilities who could be the key to stopping The Assembly. As they make their way to the cavernous metropolis of Midnight City, the trio must contend with freedom fighters, mutants, otherworldly artifacts, pirates, feuding alien armies, and perhaps most perilous of all: Holt and Mira’s growing attraction to each other. Published by St. Martin’s Press.

As soon as I saw the cover I was in love and instantly had to share it with Reeshe and Kitten and then after I read the description of the book I quickly added it to my goodreads to-read list. Do you know what convinced Kitten she wanted to read the book before even reading the description?

Strangelands

Midnight City

Mantis Encounter

The author, J. Barton Mitchell, asked artist Evan Cagle to create these three illustrations depicting scenes from the novel. I actually saw the last one first and then located the first and second image. I say these drawings confirms what the description implies that this story is going to be grand, filled with science fiction goodness, and heart pounding moments.

Midnight City
releases October 30th 2012
from St. Martin Griffin





Do you have a book that you haven't read but want to share with everyone?